Thursday 22 November 2012

the cut-out heel dilemma


I recently just purchased these beauties on boohoo.com, much to some controversy. When I showed my mother the shoes on the link online she was decidedly anti-purchasing. This new trend of a cut out heel I believe is a take on the Jeffrey Campbell hidden heel. The popularity in the online world is definitely apparent but I have never really seen anyone I know wearing these kind of shoes. SO naturally I was a bit weary on just how wearable this style is. I couldn't really find much opinion online either when I googled it as to whether they were comfortable or not. Are they comfy? Are they dangerous? These were questions I decided to take upon myself as a researcher and that I would have to figure it out for myself (and I had been sick and housebound after a surgery and looking for a nice treat and pick me up). So I got them and immediately was wowed at how unreal I thought they looked. Just to test my Facebook friends family I uploaded this picture of them. It didn't take long for people to respond in a concerned way. I was met by comments such as ' do you have a death wish??' and 'RIP' much to my amusement. Cocky as I was I tried them on and to my surprise they were extremely comfortably. OK you have to be a little careful not to lean back but I figured you wouldn't do this in a normal stiletto or wedge heel so I didn't see any added risk with these. 
But then I found this....


...and I became fearful!

Alas I wore them out a week later on a night out in Dublin City and was.. FINE :). Not a bother on me I found the shoes very comfortable throughout the night. Much more comfortable then some other heels I own. I will admit though that I think if you were to buy cut out heels in anything other than a boot it may not be as stable to walk in. With the boot your foot is pretty secure which is pretty important for your balance and I'm not sure that if it were not a boot this would be as easy. Also I wasn't drinking to excess that night so if you were to, again I'm not sure how stable you would find these (although excessive alcohol would impact the stability of any shoe!)
Having said all that I LOVE these bad boys and they will be my staple for nights out during the winter season. Two thumbs up for cut out heeled boots :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment